St. John's Episcopal Church
Sunday, April 30, 2017
St. John's Episcopal School
401 North County Rd. West
Odessa, Texas 79760
Mrs. Emily McDoniel, Head of School
St. John’s Episcopal School has been the longest and most enduring outreach ministry of St. John’s Episcopal Church. St. John’s Episcopal School is accredited by Southwestern Association of Episcopal Schools (SAES) www.swaes.org which is recognized by the Texas Private School Accreditation Commission (TEPSAC) www.tepsac.org and National Association of Independent School (NAIS) www.nais.org. The school has a long legacy of providing quality education in a Christian atmosphere to children here in Odessa, many of whom have gone on to very successful careers in a wide range of professions.
As an Episcopal School we are a worshipping community that gathers regularly for prayer, reflection, and celebration.
St John’s Episcopal School strives to instill a love of learning and a pursuit of excellence in Christian community where students are honored.
· To guide students in an understanding of their spirituality and to make them aware of the gifts and talents
bestowed upon them by God.
· To encourage the development of these talents
· To maintain a traditional Episcopal presence and order of worship.
· To recognize and celebrate the various denominations represented within the student body.
· To provide an academic program that will challenge the students to reach their potential.
· To instill a love of learning.
· To provide the opportunity for students to participate in a variety of community service projects.
· To provide an atmosphere of acceptance of individual differences.
· To develop a sense of family within the school community while maintaining a professional ambiance.
The School currently enrolls for grades Pre-Kindergarten through Seventh Grades.